Admission Notice - 2010 Birla Institute of Technology (BIT Mesra) Admission to the 2-year MBA Programme
Birla Institute of Technology
|Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the 2-year (4-semester) full-time MBA programme 2010 at Mesra, and our Extension Centres at Jaipur, Kolkata, Lalpur and Noida.|
1) Candidates must have appeared in CAT – 2009
2) In addition, candidates should have secured Verbal Percentile and Total Percentile which conform to the requirements prescribed in our relevant announcements, that is, they should have secured Verbal Percentile and Total Percentile which are at least equal to the cut-offs given in our notifications
3) Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent
qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India/ AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education (10+2+3 system) after completing higher secondary schooling (Class 12 or equivalent).
4) Candidates of B.Sc. / B.A. / B. Com. Honours must have minimum 55% marks in average (45% for SC/ST) in their Honours subject. Candidates of BBA and other graduate courses must have minimum 55% marks in average (45% for SC/ST) in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in ALL subjects in which candidate has appeared (excluding optional subjects).
5) Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2010 can also apply, provided they have obtained 55% marks or equivalent (45% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of the
counselling they must bring the following:
a) A certificate in original from the Principal of their Institute stating that by 30 June 2010, they will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining their Bachelor’s degree.
b) A certificate in original from the Principal certifying that they have obtained 55% marks or equivalent (45% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) based on latest available grades / marks. Marks to be calculated as per item (4) above.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor's degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (4) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2010. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
6) Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) they acquired such qualifications as working professionals / while in employment, (b) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (c) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 55% marks in average (45% for SC/ST) calculated as per item (4) above. They must enclose photocopies of (i) work experience certificate (ii) pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application.
HOW TO APPLY
The MBA 2010 Information Brochure is given on institute’s website. To
apply for the programme, eligible candidates must fill in the online application form on institute’s website, and send printout with requisite enclosures and crossed DD for Rs. 1,200/- in favour of Birla Institute of Technology, payable at Ranchi, by 7 May 2010, at the address below.
The link for filling the online form will be active from 9 am on 5 April 2010 to 4 pm on 5 May 2010. The Institute will use CAT-2009 for short-listing candidates for its full-time MBA programme. The IIM’s have no role in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
Source: [ http://www.bitmesra.ac.in ]
MBA programme, admission notice, BIT, MBA full time